Once again, the top of the leaderboard seemed to switch back and forth between two bands early in the month. Would it be Pythia, the symphonic metal outfit from the UK? Or, would it be Elyose, the electro-rock quintet from Paris, France? Well, by the middle of the month, one of those two bands made a push to stay ahead – and they never had to look back. So, Elyose’s reward is the honor of being our Band of the Month for March 2012! Coincidentally, Elyose’s debut album, Théogyne, will be released tomorrow (March 1st)!
Click here for Elyose’s Band of the Month page.
After more than 2,600 votes were cast, the final results are:
- Elyose – 1,468 votes (56.09%)
- Pythia – 965 votes (36.87%)
- Alpine Fault – 120 votes (4.59%)
- Midnight Cry – 45 votes (1.72%)
- Nightqueen – 19 votes (0.73%)
Now it’s time to unveil our nominees for our April 2012 Band of the Month! This may be the musically heaviest and most aggressive group of bands we’ve rounded up so far for this honor. And, two of this month’s choices will be on tour together in North America by month’s end. Here they are:
- Arkona, a pagan folk metal band from Moscow, Russia. Led by Masha “Scream,” the band is touring North America for the second time in 6 months as part of this spring’s Paganfest. Arkona’s most recent album is Slovo, which was released by Napalm Records in September 2011.
- Huntress, a melodic thrash/death metal band from Highland Park, California, USA. Huntress is the other female-fronted band joining the latest Paganfest tour, which starts in Baltimore, Maryland on March 29th. The band will release its debut album, Spell Eater, via Napalm Records in late April / early May.
- Mortad, a death metal band from London, United Kingdom. Mortad recently released its debut album, The Myth of Purity, as a cover-mount CD in a recent issue of Metal Hammer UK.
- Shadowside, a heavy metal band from Santos, Brazil. Shadowside’s latest album, Inner Monster Out, was released in Europe and North America in the summer of 2011, and will be released in Japan via Spiritual Beast on March 14.
- Vainglory, a melodic heavy metal band from Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Vainglory is in the process of finishing its second album, entitled Manifesting Destiny.
As always, visit our WordPress site and scroll down to find the poll on the right-hand sidebar. Vote once a day, every day through Saturday, March 31st!
Which bands would you like to see featured in our next Band of the Month Poll? Let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.