Talk about a fight to the finish! EarlyRise and Sacramento flip-flopped between the #1 and #2 positions all week long. But in the end, Sacramento couldn’t hold on the lead they had for most of the month as the melodic rockers from Israel came on strong. So, EarlyRise is our Band of the Month for October 2011!
Click here to visit of Band of the Month page on EarlyRise.
Once again, thanks to everyone who voted in our poll! Here are the results:
- EarlyRise: 448 votes (43.12%)
- Sacramento: 394 votes (37.92%)
- Bare Infinity: 115 votes (11.07%)
- Me Talk Pretty: 50 votes (4.81%)
- Charetta: 32 votes (3.08%)
We have six bands to choose from in our November 2011 Band of the Month Poll. And those bands are:
- Autumn, a progressive alternative rock band from Groningen, The Netherlands. Autumn’s fifth studio album, Cold Comfort, will be out on November 4th in Europe and November 8th in the U.S. via Metal Blade Records.
- Crysalys, an operatic metal band from Italy. Crysalys’ debut CD, The Awakening of Gaia, was released last month via Wormholedeath Records. Click here to read Max’s review on The Awakening of Gaia here at Unleash the Furies.
- Dama, a gothic metal band from Italy. Dama’s debut CD, Eirwen Imaginary/Immaginario¸ was released via Ravenheart Music in July and is a unique album – it’s a double album, with one CD featuring English-language songs, and the second CD containing songs sung in Italian.
- Dylath-Leen, a death metal band from France. Dylath-Leen released its third album, Cabale, in September, and the band will make its fourth appearance at the Metal Female Voices Festival in Belgium later this month.
- Meden Agan, a symphonic metal band from Athens, Greece. Meden Agan released its first full-length album, Erevos Aenaon, last month.
- Van Canto, an a capella metal band from Germany. Van Canto is currently on the Out Of The Dark 2011 Festival tour (featuring Tristania, Serenity, Amberian Dawn, and Xandria) to promote its new album Break the Silence.
To cast your vote, visit our WordPress site and scroll down to find the poll on the right-hand sidebar. Voting closes on Monday, October 31st, and you can vote once a day!
Which bands would you like to see featured in our next Band of the Month Poll? Let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!