We thought our readers would have a difficult time choosing one band out of the nine in our Dame-Nation 2011 themed Band of the Month Poll. Turns out we were wrong. Once Angelical Tears took the lead partway through the month, no one could stop them. Thus, Angelical Tears is our Band of the Month for September 2011!
Click here to visit of Band of the Month page on Angelical Tears.
Thanks to everyone who voted in this poll and showed your support for Dame-Nation! Here are the complete results:
- Angelical Tears: 411 votes (31.35%)
- The Unvoiced: 292 votes (22.27%)
- A Sound of Thunder: 267 votes (20.37%)
- Shield of Wings: 94 (7.17%)
- Avariel: 92 votes (7.02%)
- Losing Scarlet: 86 votes (6.56%)
- Solarsphere: 34 votes (2.59%)
- DeadMansWake: 22 votes (1.68%)
- Mary and the Black Lamb: 13 votes (0.99%)
Now, here are our nominees for the Band of the Month Poll for October 2011:
- Bare Infinity, a symphonic metal band from Athens, Greece. Bare Infinity recently released its second recording, an EP titled The Passage, and will appear at Metal Female Voices Fest in October.
- Charetta, a hard rock band from New York City. Charetta is playing shows throughout the northeastern US to promote its new EP, A Nation Distracted.
- EarlyRise, a melodic rock/metal duo from Israel. EarlyRise released its debut album, What If, in May and has had continued success with the rock and metal music competitions at the OurStage website.
- Me Talk Pretty, a “noir” hard rock band based in New York City. MTP recently wrapped up a US tour with Alien Ant Farm in support of its debut album, We Are Strangers.
- Sacramento, a melodic metal band from Santiago, Chile. Sacramento released its first full-length CD, Weight of Sin, in June.
To cast your vote, visit our WordPress site and scroll down to find the poll on the right-hand sidebar. Voting closes on Friday, September 30, and you can vote once a day!
Which bands would you like to see featured in our next Band of the Month Poll? Let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!