Unleash the Furies is an organization of dedicated female-fronted metal fans that are eager to share their new discoveries with other fans of the scene. We bring you the newest female-fronted metal bands worth your attention from around the world. Our goal: promote the bands that don’t get enough promotion and expose you to the best bands you’ve never heard of.
- Favorite Bands: Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Epica, In This Moment, Delain, Animal Alpha, Eluveitie, Apocalyptica, Silent Stream of Godless Elegy, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Tristania, Stolen Babies, Xandria, Within Temptation, Arkona
- Favorite Albums: Once - Nightwish, Karmacode – Lacuna Coil, Comalies – Lacuna Coil, A Star-Crossed Wasteland – In This Moment, Navaz – Silent Stream of Godless Elegy, World of Glass – Tristania, Design Your Universe - Epica
- Favorite Metal Subgenres – Folk, Gothic, Symphonic, Metalcore, Alternative, Avant-Garde
- Other: I’ve been a writer for Sonic Cathedral since April 2009 and the creator of Delain International, an online community for fans of the band Delain. I’m currently a student at the University of Delaware, studying International Relations. I also have a personal blog, which you can findhere if you’re that interested.
- Favorite Bands: My ultimate favorite bands are pretty much the same bands that any fan of FFM would name, so I’ll list my favorite lesser-known bands: My Ruin, Straight Line Stitch, Embassy of Silence, Ansoticca, Kingfisher Sky, Hydrovibe, Snovonne, Cryoshell, I:Scintilla, Dark Sanctuary
- Favorite Albums: My Ruin – Ghosts and Good Stories, Autumn – Altitude, Embassy of Silence – Euphorialight, Born in Winter – Paper and Roses, A.D.D – Elements of Emptiness, HolyHell – HolyHell, Seven Kingdoms- Seven Kingdoms, Elysion – Silent Scream, Epica – Design Your Universe, Winter in Eden - Awakening
- Favorite Metal Subgenres: symphonic metal, power metal, melodic metal, and industrial
- Other: Interviewer for Sonic Cathedral webzine
- Favorite Bands: Sirenia, Nightwish, Xandria, Leaves’ Eyes, Seraphim, Elis, Midnattsol, Visions of Atlantis, Epica, Lovelorn, Therion, Shield of Wings, Echoterra, Whyzdom, Mary and the Black Lamb, Sonata Arctica, Tristania, Power Quest, Enemy Star, Serenity, Lyriel, Krypteria,Octavia Sperati, The Gathering, Within Temptation, Mandragora Scream, Avantasia, Kingfisher Sky, Magica, ReVamp, After Forever
- Favorite Albums: The 13th Floor – Sirenia, Consign to Oblivion – Epica, Wishmaster – Nightwish, Rising – Seraphim, Ravenheart – Xandria,Once – Nightwish, Skin of the Earth – Kingfisher Sky, Beyond the Veil – Tristania
- Favorite Metal Subgenres: Gothic, Folk, Opera, Grunge, Thrash, Doom
- Other: \m/
- Favorite Bands: Apocalyptica, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Deadmanswake, Delain, Emilie Autumn, Epica, In Tenebris, Innerpartysystem, Leaves’ Eyes, Lacuna Coil, MeTalkPretty, Nightwish, One Without, ReVamp, Rise Against, Shield of Wings, Sonata Arctica, Three Days Grace, The Used, Valora, We Are The Fallen, Within Temptation
- Favorite Albums: Phobia—Breaking Benjamin, The Classical Conspiracy—Epica, Fallen—Evanescence, We Are Strangers—MeTalkPretty, The Black Parade—My Chemical Romance, Thoughts of a Secluded Mind—One Without, One-X—Three Days Grace, Lies for the Liars—The Used, various Disney soundtracks XD
- Favorite Metal Subgenres: Gothic, Symphonic, Alternative, Folk
- Other: Novel writing is what I do most often outside of classes; I have three finished works to date and a few more in progress. What leads me into music is my constant search to find songs that would fit the scenes I write—the right song at the perfect moment does wonders on the muse. Other than that I love reading and reviewing books, and every now and then I sing covers of a few of my favorite songs. I also like knitting and attending shows in the Chicagoland area, but lately all of the ones I’ve been interested in haven’t worked out very well.
- Favorite Bands: Too many! But the first ones that come to mind are Flowing Tears, Within Temptation, Epica, Autumn, The Mariana Hollow, Stream of Passion,Lacuna Coil, and After Forever.
- Favorite Albums: Thy Kingdom Gone – Flowing Tears, Comalies – Lacuna Coil, After Forever – After Forever, Design Your Universe – Epica,The Heart of Everything – Within Temptation
- Favorite Metal Subgenres: Symphonic metal, gothic metal, alternative metal, power metal, and progressive metal
- Other: I’ve been a staff writer on the Sonic Cathedral WebZine since August 2008. I also love writing in general and work on poetry and a novel in my spare time. Besides that, I like reading, spending time with friends, cooking, watching movies, knitting scarves, walking/exercising, and going to gigs (when the good ones come along!).