Well, these Band of the Month Polls get more and more interesting each time! The leader for this month’s honor changed three (maybe four) times. And just when it appeared that Greek symphonic metallers Meden Agan had wrapped up the win, fans of the Italian gothic metal band Dama answered with a vengeance. And now, we can announce that Dama is Unleash the Furies’ Band of the Month for November 2011!
Click here to visit of Band of the Month page on Dama.
And here are the complete results for the poll:
- Dama: 1371 votes (34.4%)
- Meden Agan: 1295 votes (32.49%)
- Van Canto: 675 votes (16.93%)
- Crysalys: 337 votes (8.45%)
- Dylath-Leen: 166 votes (4.16%)
- Autumn: 142 votes (3.56%)
Here are our nominees for Band of the Month Poll for December 2011:
- Adrana, an operatic meal band from Tours, France. Adrana released its second full-length album, The Ancient Realms, in September and have a number of local gigs lined up before the end of the year.
- Cardamon, an alternative metal band from Utrecht, Netherlands. Cardamon will hold a CD release party at Poppodium de Peppel in Zeist (Netherlands) on November 26 and perform their new album, Sun As Never, in its entirety.
- Devilskin, a modern metal band from Hamilton, New Zealand. This relatively young band is fronted by Jennie Skulander, the ex-vocalist of Slipping Tongue.
- Nemesea, an alternative rock band from Groningen, Netherlands. Nemesea’s third album, The Quiet Resistance, will come out this month via Napalm Records.
- Trillium, the rock/metal project of American-born singer-songwriter Amanda Somerville. Trillium’s debut album, Alloy, was released today (November 1) in North America and will be released on November 4 in Europe, both through Frontiers Records.
To cast your vote, visit our WordPress site and scroll down to find the poll on the right-hand sidebar. Voting closes on Wednesday, November 30, and you can vote once a day!
Also, our sincere apologies for posting our BotM content late this month. We had some technical issues due to some recent bad weather in the United States (where we’re based). Thanks very much for your patience and understanding!
Which bands would you like to see featured in our next Band of the Month Poll? Let us know by sending an email to email@example.com!