Great news: Today we launch our very first Band of the Month Poll!
Every month, readers can vote for one of five up-and-coming female-fronted bands selected by the UtF staff. The band with the most votes at the end of the month will, of course, be our Band of the Month and have their own special feature on our site. (We’re still working on those details right now.)
Here are our nominees for the UtF Band of the Month for May 2010:
- Echoterra, a symphonic metal band from Minneapolis, Minnesota (U.S.), fronted by former Aesma Daeva / Visions of Atlantis singer Melissa Ferlaak. Echoterra recently announced their second album, Land of the Midnight Sun, will be released this summer.
- Noctura, a rock duo from Indianapolis, Indiana (U.S.). Noctura’s debut album, Surrender the Sun, will be released later this year – and the band’s debut show on June 25th has already sold out!
- One Without, a gothic metal band from Gothenburg, Sweden. One Without is working on its second album and recently released their cover of Kent’s “Om Du Var Här” on iTunes.
- Straight Line Stitch, a metalcore band from Knoxville, Tennessee (U.S.). Straight Line Stitch just released its new album, Fight of Our Lives, and will tour the U.S. this spring with In This Moment and recent UtF-featured band System Divide.
- Triosphere, a heavy progressive metal band from Trondheim, Norway. Triosphere’s second album, The Road Less Traveled, was released last year, and the band is touring Europe with Sonata Arctica this month and with Crimson Glory in May.
To cast your vote, visit any page on the UtF WordPress site and scroll down to find the poll on the right side (between the Recent Posts and Facebook / Twitter link widgets). Voting closes on Saturday, April 30th, and you can vote once a day!
Which band(s) would you like to see featured in our next Band of the Month Poll? Let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!